Saturday, March 30, 2013

Red Cabbage & Easter Eggs


An internet friend shared
Patty Szymkowicz' blog
with a group to which I belong,
and I was captivated by her fantastic 
naturally dyed Easter eggs.

Of course I had to try it!
I won't belabor my process
because you can read it all on Patty's blog,
but I did want to show you some of my results.



I also dyed some silk
using the rest of the red cabbage stew,
and I'm eager to see how it will be transformed.
Patty got some lovely lavender results...
so I'll share when the bundles are unfurled.

In the meantime,
if you celebrate Easter,
I hope you have a happy day.
If not, 
of course I hope your day is happy too!

thanks for hopping by
peace to you!

4 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Hello Judy ~ I LOVE your red cabbage eggs ... they turned out splendidly.
They really are addictive ... aren't they ;)
I would Love to see your silks too...
Happy Easter to you and yours and thank you for linking to my Magpie's Nest
oxo

Jeannie said...

Oh Judy! I love the red cabbage eggs! They look like indigo rabbits delivered them. Looking forward to seeing the silks. Thanks for the link to Magpie's Nest - a woman after my own heart. Happy Easter to you and yours!

Connie said...

Your eggs are beautiful!
I'd like to try it with tye dye.

Quilt or Dye said...

I have enjoyed all your Easter egg fun!