Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Recent Sock Obsession



I am knitting the most fun sock!
It's called the Kellswater Sock,
and it was designed by Sara Morris.
I first saw it in the Spring 2012 Interweave Knits.
I dyed the yarn for these socks,
(or should I say this sock?)
and while I realize that a variegated yarn
doesn't lend itself to the intricate pattern,
I'm having so much fun,
I really do not care!

I wish you could see the pattern better,
but it doesn't photograph well - 
by me, anyway.

Turning heels has always been a bit of a bugaboo
for me,
but now I've stumbled upon 
Cat Bordhi's Sweet Tomato Heel technique
and I just love it!




The heel is turned in wedges,
and you can find a great instructional video by Cat

This is the back of the sock, 
above the heel.
I'm not sure if you can see the anchor motif,
but that is just another of the
wonderful details on this sock.


The back of the calf also has a tree motif,
above the anchor,
so each row is different
and its way fun to watch the intricate pattern grow.
The front of the entire sock has an 8-row repeat,
that includes adorable little cables over four stitches.

This is like potato chip knitting for me -
I can't just knit one row!

I've looked after our grandson Charlie
several days this week, and have been able to
take advantage of my 'free time' during his afternoon naps.
Earlier in the week I had challenged myself to knit
10 rounds on the calf each day,
since I only had 40 more rounds to go....
thinking I'd be done in 4 short evenings!
Well, I was so exhausted by the time Charlie
got to bed at night,
that I couldn't even pick up my knitting.
But, I was able to knit over 10 rounds 
during two separate afternoon naps!
So, I'm not quite finished, but I am
getting there!

Thanks for coming by!

Have a wonderful weekend!

peace to you!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Love the color of the yarn and the motifs in the knitting are wonderful. Wishing you a fabulous weekend.