Friday, May 03, 2013

Been Awhile, Been Away


We've been away,
birding on the edge of the Great Smoky Mountains.
We had a lovely time,
and it really went by way too quickly.
Because we have had such a cool Spring,
many of the wildflowers were behind
their normal bloom-time,
which made for lots of beauties for us to see.

I also enjoyed taking many photos 
of last year's dried blooms.
I think they are often as beautiful
as the new, fresh ones.

So, here are some of both:
(all of these photos can be enlarged,
so feel free!)








We arrived home yesterday afternoon,
and I've gotten back into the rhythm
of straight-line quilting on
Maggie's wallhanging.


They move into their new home 
in just a few short weeks,
and I'd like to have it finished
to hang on one of the walls in her new bedroom.

thanks for stopping by

happy Friday!

peace to you










3 comments:

Jeannie said...

My trilliums, jack in the pulpit and wild ginger are all blooming now. I love the photo above the trillium. Do you know what it is? How was the birding? Maggie's quilt is look spectacular! Welcome home! You've been missed! xo

Yvette said...

thanks for sharing

Carol said...

Trilliums! I must find out if I can grow them here - even get them here, though I would think so. Love the photos, envious of your birding - not really, would have loved to go with you. And Maggie's quilt is wonderful! Just magical colours. xox