Tuesday, September 24, 2013

More Dyeing



During my Decadron-induced high last Friday,
I managed to paint interfacing for
another resist screen
and also get a good bit of silk yardage printed.
Then, of course, I crashed over the weekend,
finally coming up for air yesterday.
I like the suggestion of a breast in the portion above,
Since I'm somewhat obsessed with and without them
 these days.

Here's the original screen



I like it and will probably use it often.

Here are a few detail shots of the silk:





We'll see where this goes.

We had dinner with the kids and grandcherubs this evening.
It's nice to arrive a bit early so that we can play.



Mags is a big squealer right now -
She squeals, you respond, she squeals louder, etc.
Of course her big brother loves this game!

thanks for stopping by

peace to you!





5 comments:

Jeannie said...

I love that screen! It is so interesting and versitile. Of course, I want to run my hands over the silk and stare at all the images until I get sea sick. :) I can't get over how quickly the grand cherubs are growing!!! They are both so darn cute. Have a wonderful evening, Sunshine. xoxo

Gerrie said...

What a little beauty Maggie is!! And Charlie is turning into quite the young man.

Beautiful dyeing.

Merrilee said...

Laughing (albeit a bit hysterically) at the rather celllular suggestion in your new screen. Seems like I've seen that look before! You are making beautiful and meaningful work, Judy. Keep it up!

Maggi said...

That screen has worked so well on the fabric. Makes me want to stroke it too.

Lovely photos of Maggie and Charlie looking so happy.

Carol said...

Beautiful, beautiful children! I love to see your processes and your screen is very intriguing. xxooxx