Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Dawn of a New Day


I snapped this pic last weekend at our condo in Atlanta.
The sun was just rising.
I couldn't sleep.
The pic is so apropos to how I am feeling.

You see, it's been just a little over a year
since I received my wake up call.
I was diagnosed with breast cancer on August 13, 2013.
The year that followed was eye-opening in many ways.
I won't go into detail about that,
but many times I thought about the art I wanted to make
when I felt stronger.
I began making that art this week.
It is very exciting to me.

I'm carving more stamps,


an exercise that is near and dear to my heart.

I'm doing more free motion machine stitching.




…..and I'm trying techniques that simply
pop into my head…..
the 'what ifs' 
that I had always been afraid to try in the past!




Don't wait for a wake up call!
Play today and enjoy every minute!

Thanks for stopping by!

Peace to you and yours.








13 comments:

Tiggy Rawling said...

Well said - and lovely things are happening.

komodori said...

I can't tell you how happy this post makes me. You are one of the most remarkable friends I have, and your creativity, strength, and resourcefulness astonish me on a daily basis. I am so proud and grateful to have you in my life---you are an inspiration, Judy!
And I love the stamp!
Have a great time letting loose, and love always! xoxox

Ginny Huber said...

Agreed! A good reminder, Judy… not to wait for a wake up call..Very inspiring, these new steps..

deanna7trees said...

i agree. there is only the present moment.

Maggi said...

Wise words indeed. Love the new steps that you are taking.

Jeannie said...

Once again, you have nailed it - live life to the fullest now. To say that I am thrilled that last year is over for you is an understatement. Not only did you survive, you thrived! The stamp is loverly and I love the experimentation you are doing. Thanks for the reminder to "just do it now". xoxo

Anonymous said...

AND, the moment IS the present...

Kathy

Helen said...

oh so well said. I'll remember. and act. xxx

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

So glad you have come through this year and are feeling better! Definitely time to put those creative ideas to use, and I love what you are doing! Nature is one of my favorite inspirations, and the leaves you are making are beautiful! Enjoy every moment, and thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Carol said...

My dear friend, such a lovely post! It is a reminder for us all, to get going, to make art, to live our lives. Your leaves are charming and I love that you are experimenting. As always, you are an inspiration, Judy. xox

Els said...

Great you clearly see a new horizon ... all the best !

Helen said...

hello Judy, now don't be falling off your chair, but I wrote a blog post, just for you. hehehehehe xx

Anonymous said...

the fruits of your bravery are beautiful!