Saturday, September 26, 2015

Day 61 - Maggie the Bunny


I've once again overdyed yesterday's fq of cotton.
I'm liking it much better now.

I had enough time to make just one more pinwheel block.


The big news is that I finally finished the bunny costume
and delivered it to Maggie.
It's difficult to get a 2-1/2 year old to pose for pics:




Charlie was getting into the act in this one:


and she loves her pompom tail


The ears are not such a success.
We are trying to figure out how to get them to stand up,
and have come up with a couple of ideas....
pipe cleaner supports being one.
Any thoughts????

thanks for stopping by

peace!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bunny outfit! It came out great. I can't believe you finished it so fast and that it fits so well. Tell Craig (in the background) to solve the puzzle so I can play! xxoo sil

Gerrie said...

I would use that stiff pelon stuff that they use in bowls and hat brims. Forget what it is called. it is fusible. Your grands are so adorable. You know I once had 3 little ones at one time. I loved it.

queenopearls said...

The over-dyed fabric turned out great and the bunny costume is adorable!
to make the ears stand up, it would take a bit of disassembling to add the stiff interfacing to a headband inside the head piece. Either way, I think the costume is adorable without ears standing up. :) She adores it and that's all that matters. You did a phenomenal job! :)
~ Christina