Friday, October 23, 2015

Day 81


I finally began sewing the straight strip piecing 
for the sides of Maggie's quilt today.
It's been quite fun.


I cut all of the strips and then tossed them in this bag.
I just pick randomly from the bag...
so many surprises.

My ice dyeing for today:


a blend of fuchsia, grape, and boysenberry.
BLEH!
.....but there always seems to be a hydrangea blooming 
somewhere on the fabric!


I had a lovely paddle in my kayak at high noon
and came upon these two ducks,
which I couldn't readily identify.


We crossed paths several times 
and when I arrived home
they were on our shoreline.
I believe they are immature female 
Ring Necks....
just passing through


Have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by.

peace




1 comment:

queenopearls said...

I love the colorful strips! :) Of course, I also really like the ice dyed piece. What wonderful sights during your paddle. Thank you for the vicarious trip! ~ Christina