This is a detail shot from the piece that I ice-dyed today.
I wasn't going to do any dyeing at all,
but our Fall leaves are peaking,
and I wanted to see if I could capture some of the colors
without getting a lot of mud.
This is the entire piece, which measures roughly 20 x 20"
Overall, I'm pleased with the results,
but I don't like the blobs or freckles of color
that occur throughout this piece.
I used the same process as I've used in the past,
so I'm not sure where the problem lies.
Here are some detail shots
you can see the splotches
I'm talking about in the photo above.
There isn't much mud in this...
a bit of brown in the upper right hand corner
of the entire piece,
where the orange and the green merged.
I've had a busy day,
so am thankful that I got to sew
even a few strips onto the border of Maggie's quilt.
Hope you're enjoy a splendid weekend.
thanks for stopping by