Monday, March 27, 2006

Gee's Bend Quilts

I had so hoped to have photos to share of our fabulous experience yesterday viewing the Gee's Bend Quilts at Atlanta's High Museum, but those that I took at the roundtable discussion were either blurred or too dark or too far away, so just use your imagination today. The quilts are just amazing and if the exhibit is ever near you, you MUST go see it! I loved hearing the quilters discuss their love of quilting and color, and how they first met up with and negotiated with the Arnetts, who have purchased and made famous their quilts. It was a lovely afternoon, which culminated with many in the group singing gospel songs.
Last night we dined out with our daughter and son-in-law, Kristin and Dave. They purchased a home in Ormewood Park, a lovely old Atlanta neighborhood a couple of years ago and are doing wonderful things to their yard. Both Dave's Mom Ginger and I have contributed perennials over the past year, and it is exciting to see them emerging now that Spring is here! I'm so pleased to see that both Kristin and Dave find pleasure in gardening, as that has always been a high point for me. And you are just dying to know where we ate, right? It was a fabulous restaurant in East Atlanta (Fourth Ward) called P'cheen http://blog.joonbug.com/new_york/2005/11/index.html
So, yesterday was fantastic!
Today we are lunching at my favorite Metrofresh and then I am meeting with my Silk Art Group!!! More fun!!!

No comments: