Friday, March 31, 2006

Somethin' Fishy's Goin' On 'Round Here

Well I've been busy doing some fish business for the past few days. Gerrie Congdon inspired me to make a fish collage quilt! I thank her so much for all of her insight and wonderful pictures. Here are a few of my own:

I got the three fish and the sea horse quilted onto the background last night, knowing that something else needed to go in that spot to the right of the sea horse.

So I am now auditioning ocean creatures:


I have just placed Mr. Jelly Fish in position...what do you think? Is he right for the part? Here he is playing with the other guys:


It was too late to do anymore (or was it just that I was too tired?) I dunno, anyway, I ran out of steam at about 11:00 last night, so the other contestants are still waiting in the wings to be photographed! We are off to Atlanta to spend a few days at the condo, so I will have a chance to check out a few bead stores here and there (mostly there as there is NOTHING here!)

Before I go pack, I'll leave you with some individuals of the stars already cast for this quilt:

Miss Stephanie Starfish

The Purple Polka Dotter


Billy Blue Funk Fish


and Cecil the Sea Horse

Can't wait to get them all dressed up in their beaded finery!

Ciao!!

1 comment:

Eva Hagbjärn said...

Hi Judy!
I envy your energy and your creative colorfull work. It must be your Swedish genes that comes forward ;-) ;-)
I always was sawing, knitting or had some stitching in my hands some years ago (about 20 to be honest).
These days I don't have any desire for any of that. My days don't have enought hours anyway, but I can enjoy a beautiful piece of work when I see it. Lovely!!!!