Saturday, March 25, 2006

Tomorrow....


.....we are off to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta http://www.high.org to view the new exhibit of the Quilts of Gee's Bend, not to mention the amazing self portraits of Mr. Chuck Close! I am really excited about this terrific opportunity. I remember so vividly when I first read about the Gee's Bend Quilts, and I thought that 2006 and their arrival in Atlanta would never come...and here it is!




We are going to sit in on the "quilters' roundtable" discussion, which will include some of the Gee's Bend Quilters, William and Matt Arnett (who collected and documented the quilts), and Alvia Wardlaw of the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston, where the exhibit originated.

Chuck Close's self protratis really interest me, as they appear to be quilts in their own right. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to get up close and personal with his work!

No comments: