Saturday, April 01, 2006

City Dwelling

Ahhhh, it's so nice to be back in the city! We just love it here...not that it's not nice at "home" but there's something about the city!!
After having a sumptuous lunch at Chipotle, my next stop was a visit with Cindy, my haircutter:

I don't know if you can see what is right smack dab next door to Cindy's place, Epic Hair, but it's Atlanta Beads!!! WooHoo! I had a great time!!!

Next we took Barker for a walk around our "hood".


One of my all time favorite spring bloomers is the Red Bud. I had never seen one before we moved to Georgia, and I was immediately captivated by it's brilliant pink color. I hope that you can see how nicely this one gets along with its Dogwood neighbor. Here in Atlanta, both trees are in full bloom, while an hour north in Gainesville, we are still waiting. So, Craig and I get to enjoy them both places a week or so apart!


And here is where we ended up early this afternoon: Turner Field, affectionately known as "the Ted" to Atlanta's baseball fans. This was a preseason exhibition game between the Braves and the 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox. It was a great game, even though the Braves lost 10-5. We enjoyed being with our friends Bob and Matthew Johnson, and visiting with Joan and Rebecca Rigel. This shot was taken from our seats....pretty awesome seats, huh?!! Here's one more shot from the Ted and then I'm off to bead another fish:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Atlanta looks pretty nice from your point of view =)