Monday, June 26, 2006

Rainy Day

YIKES!!!
It's been raining like crazy around here for the past few days. I'm not complaining one bit, however, as watering restrictions had just been put into effect in the area in the past week, so the rain is much appreciated!!!
Yesterday I taught
Cara Gulati's Radiant Suns quilt again at Intown Quilters and we had a great time, amidst the claps of thunder and torrential downpours. My students were a FABULOUS bunch...and they all went home having mastered Cara's method of curved piecing. Here are a few of the happy campers:




Sonia did a great job! I love her fabric and combination choices.





















It took a while for Pat and I to get that first curve pieced to her satisfaction, but as you can see, she was one proud piecer when her block was completed! Of course, the photographer was having issues then!!!










Sharon seemed pleased with her results...great job Sharon! She is the type of student who seems relatively quiet but very productive. I loved the fact that she was using my favorite sewing machine: the Bernina 930...the workhorse of the fleet!





Pat didn't feel like sewing, so she camped out in the back of the classroom and cut and organized all of her pieces. She is an old pro at curved piecing, so didn't need the instruction. She did, however, have this neat, neat little sewing caddy, so I had to get a photo of it, and now I will try to find one. It was given to her as a gift, so she doens't know where it was purchased. Do you??????









Blogger has decided to limit me to these four photos, so I'll have to post again....see above!

No comments: