Monday, August 14, 2006

Troubled

For TWO DAYS now I have been attempting to post pics on this blog and cannot do it! I have no clue what the problem is, and I have checked other blogs that I frequent and nobody else seems to have the problem. I have attempted to upload the pics both through Picassa and through blogger, both with no luck. Anybody have any ideas?
As for the dinner party....it was quite something. The hors d'oeuvres that I made (crostini with smoked salmon marinated in olive oil, dill and lemon zest and an antipasto platter) were a great success. C offered to smoke a pork loin, so that I would not have so much work to do in preparation for the dinner, so I agreed that that was a wonderful idea. Somehow he got off in his time calculations, and he ended up having to go buy rotisserie chickens at the grocery store...the pork loin was finally done at 10:00 PM!! Everyone had a good laugh as I was serving dessert and coffee while Craig was taking the meat off of the smoker!! Maybe now C will have a bit more respect for the timing involved in dinner party preparations!!
Someday soon I hope to post some pics!

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

I have one word for you - Typepad!! When Mr C grills, I have to supervise the timing - I thin it takes much longer to smoke meat than to grill it. My BIL took half a day to do pork ribs for us.