Here is a piece that I block printed last night. I made the block using heavy duty felt that I cut and then pasted to a wood block with silicone gel. After it dried, I painted it with the fabric paints and then just stamped away. Gerrie asked about the paints, these are Pro Chem's fabric paints, and we used mainly transparents...I loved them!!
This is a companion piece to the above one, using the same paints but with a bit of a different format. These cranberries and navies are not in my comfort zone.
There are my three companion pieces. Sue challenged us to do three pieces that were somewhat similar but not the same, so I chose to use the same color pallette but with different shapes. I also wanted to reflect the poppies, my first piece in the series, in the spirals and the squared off wood block.
This is my new friend Susan from my class. She had such an eye for color and design. I don't think I told you but she won a huge quilting award at AQT for the past two years in a row!
OK, that's it for tonight. I'll be on the road right after breakfast tomorrow!