Saturday, April 14, 2007

This n That

We are having a lovely little break from reality, staying here at the condo for a few nights! Isn't it odd how a country girl can find such peace in the city!




Today we took in the Midtown Tour of Homes, and it was spectacular! Kristin joined us at about 11:00 and amazingly enough the weather behaved and the rain held off until about an hour after we had finished. There were some amazing residences on the tour, all of which we walked to, and we enjoyed seeing how owners had renovated their lovely old homes. There were six homes and 9 condos, at 8 locations all over Atlanta's Midtown, so a lot of walking and eye candy!! Just lovely!!! We really enjoyed seeing the new condos at 905 Juniper, which is very close to us. They are spectacular! The lofts in the old Social Security building on Peachtree St are really neat. I could move into most any of the above tomorrow. And the homes were truly magnificent. It's always fun, fun, fun to participate in this event!


We took a midafternoon lunch break and Dave joined us at Food 2 Order:

If there's an F2O near you, try it...you'll like it! Today I enjoyed their Club Salad with Chicken tenderloin. YUMM!!!

One thing I wanted to share with you who are quilters is the idea that Caron has for a quilt. You need to go to her blog to read about it. I found out about it while reading Gerrie's blog. I have signed up to participate and hope you will too!
PEACE!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Your walking tour sounds like so much fun. I have never been to Atlanta but hope to make it there one day.

SeamRippstress said...

Great Home tour! I love how you show us your fav restaurants too. I just stumbled upon Caron's Idea - It's magnificient and I'm definitely thinking of contributing. Just need to practice the french knots.

Anonymous said...

Yep, the home and garden tour season is upon us and I can't wait!