The next step was to stamp the fabric with fabric paint. I had made a wonderful stamp, if I do say so myself!, in a class with Rayna Gillman last Fall, so I used that stamp and some red fabric paint. Screenprinting was the next step, so I grabbed my trusty screen (constructed in that same fabulous week of classes with Rayna), added some blue painter's tape to the top, and screened with gold fabric paint. Here's the result:
I was really, really in love with this piece by now....couldn't believe the depth I was getting and how easy it was!! Here's another shot of another part, just because I was so in love with the piece:
The final step was to foil the piece. I had gotten some neat tricolored foils last year and hadn't had a chance to use them yet, so today was the day. Here's what I got:
I don't know about you, but I really l ike this piece a lot! It's a shame to put it on the bottom of my table runner, so it may just become the top!
Thanks, Jane Dunnewold.........I'll be back to lesson 2 in a couple of days!