Friday, June 06, 2008

On the Road Again

This morning we left for a weekend trip north to Durham, NC, to attend the wedding of the daughter of some close friends of ours. I have known the Bride since she was tee-nincey, as she and her brother took gymnastics lessons with our daughter when all of them could barely even walk.

Before we left the house, I wanted to snap a picture of the wonderful little poseys that our friend R brought over the other night when he joined us for dinner. Aren't they cute!


One more thing to show you before we begin the road trip. This is a piece of silk Charmeuse yardage that I've just finished dyeing, discharging, and stamping.

I think it will be a halter top for Kristin.

Our first stop was for lunch at C's all-time favorite Lexington Barbecue in Lexington, NC. Look at those stacks:


It was very, very good!!! YUMMMMMMM!

Our next stop was at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center in Cary, NC, to see the PAQA-South show. I had asked on one of the lists that I belong to if anyone knew of anything fiber-related that was happening this weekend in the Raleigh-Durham area, and my friend Gerrie emailed me about the show and said that she had a piece in it. And here it is:

"Fragments of a Life"
It's a lovely piece and I had more fun just looking at it and finding more and more, the more I looked! Thanks Gerrie!

I also received an email from Rosemary Claus-Gray, asking that I take a picture of her piece, "Inca Impressions" if I made it to the show. And here it is:

Another wonderful piece that I could spend just hours poring over every last detail!

There are many more wonderful pieces on display there, so if you are in the Cary area before June 25th, stop by and take a look. You will not be disappointed! I took lots more pics, so if I have a chance, I'll post some more tomorrow before we go to the wedding.

Here is a small part of the lovely gardens outside of the Page Walker Arts Center. The town of Cary is truly a gem!



We passed this interesting spot on our drive north:


Tonight we went to the Durham Bull's game

Boy Howdy, was it ever hot! The man sitting behind us said that it was 103 at game time. As you can not-so-plainly see, it was a balmy 97 when I took this picture of the thermometer across the field from our seats.

Enough for one day! We'll be up early tomorrow morning to walk before it gets too hot (the high tomorrow is supposed to be 9) and then I'd love to take in the Sarah Duke Gardens and more of the lovely Duke campus.


PIECE

1 comment:

Rosemary@semo.net said...

Hi Judy, thanks so much for taking time to visit the PAQA-S cultures exhibit in Cary, NC. I enjoyed the photos of the work in the environment that you sent me, and your comments and photo on your blog. Somehow, it makes it more real to me that my work is actually there when someone sees it and tells me about it. Not going to the opening or to the exhibit gives me a surreal feeling about participating in exhibitions. It's so much better if an artist can go, but that just is not always possible. Thanks again, Rosemary