Sunday, January 18, 2009

ONE....Only ONE MORE!!!

I never thought I'd live to see the day when I could say that there was only ONE more day in George W. Bush's administration! WooHoo!!!

This is a piece that I began almost two years ago in Pamela Allen's Fiber Collage workshop:

It was at the bottom of my workbasket, and I have been peeking at it just about every evening lately, thinking that I really needed to get back to it. It is all handwork, which along with knitting, I find to be very relaxing in the evenings. C and I love to watch a movie or documentary, courtesy of NetFlix and Roku, after dinner, and handwork keeps me busy and out of the snacks!

As you can see above, it is taller than it is wide, and I am wondering if it would be of any benefit to make it more square than rectangular. What do you think? More like this:

This morning, I was looking at some quilt fabrics on equilter and came across this piece designed by Mark Lipinski. Looks quite similar to my piece, doesn't it??


PEACE

I've just realized, somebody has stolen Blogger's fonts!!! ;-(

8 comments:

Eva said...

I think it is quite okay in the rectangular high shape. Interesting piece! I think it is worth while developing it further.

Gerrie said...

I like the squarish look unless you are going to add more elements. I am not sure what I am seeing. Can you believe it? One more day!!

Carol said...

I like the oblong look though I guess it depends what you want to do with it later. certainly deserves to be finished, I like it. Trying to type with 9 month old baby on my knee, she's trying hard to help/hinder. She's gorgeous. XXOO

Joyce said...

I prefer the shorter version but it depends on what else you plan to do with it I guess.

Karoda said...

My preference is for the rectangle...possibly smaller petals/leaves at the botton...some bugs possibly...

On the Fiber Focus network Rayela started a group called The Awful Truth for critiquing work...so far the membership is 2, her and I, I'm going to post a piece later in the week.

I've been watching the festivities on and off since yesterday...I get so overwhelmed that I can't stand it!!! He is outta here! And let a new day begin!!!!!!

Terry Grant said...

That is a zippy little piece! I like it a lot. I like the rectangle--it emphasizes the verticality of the design.

komodori said...

I like a vertical rectangle too

Elizabeth said...

Oh I say leave it as the tall rectangle- the stems are so wonderfully wavey and give the whole pieces movement!Don't crop their feet!!
Well we are almost there! i have been walking around all day with a big smile on my face!! I drove to Alexandria VA yesterday just outside DC and I got lots of hons and waves because of the big Red YES WE CAN sign on my van along with brind on 1-20-09!! Now we just have to all work very hard to repair all of the massive damage that bush and his band of selfish neocons have done to our country and our constitution!!
YES WE CAN!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth