Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Day to Dye

As you may or may not know, Tuesday is my self-designated day to clean the house. Since there are just the two of us, and we spend a couple of days a week at the condo, there really isn't a lot that needs to be done. I hate every minute of it, but when it's done, it looks great and makes me feel good.

The weather folks forecast a beautiful day, and they were right, with temps soaring into the high 60s this afternoon. I was chomping at the bit to get out to the studio and do some dyeing and discharging. All of the doors and windows were open and there was a delightful breeze. MMMM: welcome Springtime! This is the piece that I showed you a week or so ago that I had dyed years ago, and then I went back in and applied discharge paste with textile paint added. Today, I used it as a test piece for more discharging for something else that I'm playing around with. I love it!



In the garden: I'm still waiting for the 'Little Elizabeths' (the Primroses) to totally bloom. They are a pokey lot, but that is fine with me!
Don't you love grape hyacinths? Their color is so vibrant, and they just seem to pop up everywhere!





Hope you've had a great day!
Thanks for stopping by, and drop us all a line!

PEACE

4 comments:

Diana Angus said...

Yes, I grape hyacinths! I used to play by myself at the side of our house and remember grape hyacinths and lily of the valley. I am glad that the cleaning was so fast and you turned your cleaning day into a dyeing day!

Diana in Ohio who remains skeptical about these dyes that we were using for the online class? Are you using them for other projects?

Joyce said...

We have no flowers here yet so it is nice to have a look at yours. The discharging did wonders for the piece in the picture. Very nice.

Cate Rose said...

Hey Judy, what's your email?? Whenever you comment on my blog, your address is noreply@blogger. I want to answer your question about printers. Email me directly at connierose0218@att.net.
Thanks!

Jeannie said...

Grape hyacinths are in my favorite list along with Johnny Jump-ups, and forget me nots. They all make me feel happy because I know it is spring. I think of you every Tuesday when I am herding the dust bunnies here. Hope you had a great day. Cheers.