Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend Update

We've had another fun weekend in the city. C had made reservations at ecco, one of our favorite Midtown eateries, for Friday evening. We walked there just after a brief but heavy downpour. The clouds were still moving rapidly across the skyline: quite pretty! David, a young man we've known from our hometown for about 25 years, is a server at ecco (small world eh?) and he always greets us warmly and spends a few minutes chatting with us, even when he isn't assigned to our table. Friday night was no exception, and he suggested the most wonderful Pinot Noir to accompany our meal. I am still waxing mellow over that!

I spent Saturday afternoon working a shift At the Collective, the Inman Park art co-op where I sell my silk scarves. I just love that place, and even though I've now worked there three days, I still feel as though I haven't seen everything there is to see! Someone asked to see my display, so I'm sharing a couple of pics.


We were very busy yesterday and had a lot of great sales. You can see more of my pictures of the shop here.







C and two of our Atlanta friends met me at closing time and we walked across the street to enjoy a wonderful dinner at Pure Taqueria. YUMMMM!!!

As you can see, the trees are beginning to bloom in the city. I would say Atlanta is about a week ahead of Gainesville, which is only 60 miles north.
We are enjoying a lazy morning of reading, blogging, and listening to Edith Piaff on Pandora.


Hope you've had a great weekend!

PEACE

3 comments:

Eva said...

So beautiful, these silks all together in a row. Were you able to sell them? I wonder if I could separate from them if I had made them...

connie said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. Thanks for sharing the photos of your scarves in the shop. They look beautiful.

Jeannie said...

I think it is a very good thing for the checkbook that I live far, far away! Once I stopped drooling over your scarves, I started seeing other treasures that might also need a good home. What a wonderful space!