I've added a few touches of gold leaf to Sisters On Fire, and I think she may be complete! From where I'm sitting, looking at her on the wall, she looks done to me.
Thanks to Jane Dunnewold, I have been in contact with Whidby Island artist Barbara Lee Smith, for help in redoing my design wall. She is a gem, and a fabulous artist. Barbara very patiently explained step by step how she and her husband constructed her design wall from sheets of styrofoam and canvas fabric which they stretched and stapled on wood lath strips and then hung over the styrofoam. Now that I'm working on larger pieces, I felt that it was time to have a bigger and more porous surface upon which to hang my work while in progress. So yesterday afternoon we got busy!
I removed almost everything from my wall, washed the yards of canvas, and we hung the styrofoam. This is really more than a 2-person job, but we didn't realize that until we were too far along to do much about it. C is a good foot taller than I, so it was easier for him to do most of the hanging, drilling, and screwing....that's about everything, isn't it? I'm best at critiquing, as many of you know!
Stretching the canvas and then hanging it is a whole other ballgame, and one that I'm happy to say is behind us.
I snapped this picture this morning just as I was beginning to rehang things. I'm very pleased with how it all went.........and now I want one in my dye studio as well! Hmmmmmm, wonder how well that will go over with the worker bee in my house!
After getting my sewing room back in order this morning, I made a few Thermofax screens and finished up the onesies for our grandbaby.
Although the screening appears black, it is a darker shade of olive, and looks pretty darned good!
These little guys are 3-6 month size and look so teeny tiny. I think I will do some solids next. But first, we will see how these are received by the baby's Mom, our daughter!