Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer in the City

We're in the city for the weekend - a lovely little respite!  Last night we walked up to Oceanaire and had a lovely seafood dinner.  This morning's walk was through the lovely Midtown neighborhood just east of Peachtree and then a stop at Bakeshop for breakfast on their cool and breezy patio.  I brought along my Zentangle sketchbook and here's what I accomplished over my yogurt parfait and glass of iced coffee




My plan is to add borders tomorrow morning - over breakfast at MetroFresh.


This is my Zentangle sketchbook




I found it at Ten Thousand Villages, and just fell in love with it.  As you can see, it is made out of recycled newspapers that have been woven.  The cover is very flexible, and although the paper inside is a bit too absorbent to be really great Zentangle paper, the pros far outweigh the cons!


This afternoon we are walking to the movies at Midtown Art to see Beginnings, later we'll walk Barker down Peachtree for a coffee at Starbucks, and then we'll again walk to enjoy a light Sunday night dinner at my favorite Ecco!


PEACE



1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Love the zentangle and the sketchbook is wonderful. Sounds like you had an excellent time.