Saturday, January 21, 2012

In Orbit


A short time I ago, I was following a thread
on one of the lists that I read. 
It concerned purchasing hemmed silk scarf blanks.
I was interested because I have become
very disenchanted
with the quality of the rolled hems
on the scarf blanks I order.
I've tried many different vendors
and they are all equally as bad.
Several members of the list reported that they were
having great success selling unhemmed silk scarves 
I thought I'd give it a try.
I brought two unhemmed silk charmeuse scarves
to one of the shops that sells my goods.
They were scarfed up (no pun intended!) within a week!
I am thrilled.
Of course charmeuse speaks for itself,
with it's buttery hand -
and it is slow to ravel.
Yesterday I printed up two black charmeuse scarves
unhemmed
in the design that you see above.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great weekend!

peace


6 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Glad to hear folks are buying unhemmed silk scarves -- I actually rip the hems off many scarves because they drape more naturally without them. Not to mention the crappy hem jobs most have these days!
Have a great weekend. xo

komodori said...

I love the patterns and depth of this so much I had to put it up on my computer as wallpaper. Thank you, my talented friend!

Jeannie said...

Congratulations on selling your scarves and the beauty you have pictured above. I love that pattern. It is so dramatic. Wishing you a fun filled weekend.

Carol said...

This is such a beautiful design, you just go from strength to strength. I've never thought about the hemming problem but I think you've found a solution. I'm sure they will sell fast.

I'm spending a week up north in Queensland, very hot and steamy. I've actually blogged about it if you'd like to see some photos. I'm hoping I'm back to blogging after such a long hiatus.

Hugs to the beautiful boys. And you, of course...

Barbara said...

Beautiful design Judy! Hope you are staying warm and toasty. We just had 8 inches of snow fall today! It is beautiful but very cold.

Peace!

Gerrie said...

I love this idea! Where do you get the unhemmed blanks?