Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tea Time


I love a good cup of tea in the morning,
don't you?
I decided to put my spent tea bags to use.
I crumpled up a piece of white cotton, 
put it on a glass plate in my sewing room,
and every morning for about two weeks I'd place a freshly used bag
on top of the cotton, moving the previous day's allotment aside.
Above is one section of the fabric.
Here are more:




I haven't decided how I will use this wonderful piece of fabric yet,
but believe me, it will get used.

Of course, I also saved the paper tea bags!
I have opened them all
and disposed of the dried leaves.
 The paper bags are equally as wonderful
and will also be used!

Ain't life grand!!

peace

6 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Love what you did here, Judy! xo

Gerrie said...

Will the color stay this vibrant after washing? Very cool.

Jeannie said...

It almost looks like marble. I love the migration of the tea stain. What will Judy do?

Teodo said...

Nice...in the first photo I see the shape of Italy.
ciao ciao Linda

Carol said...

This is very beautiful. What next? I'm sure there's something wonderful in the offing. The empty tea bags make lovely tiny books - I haven't done this but a friend does and they are just gorgeous.They look like antique papers. Yum!

Diane Doran said...

I love this - what a great idea!!