Thursday, December 06, 2012

French Hens, Filigrees, Feasts, Festivities




French Hens. I'm not quite sure if French Hens have a particular look about them, but I thought the image above was quite nice!  They are rather whimsical, aren't they?
......and then here are some other lovelies:


I like their berets and their wonderful striped shirts!  Very French, indeed.
But best of all are these:

When I was growing up, we used to call these hens "Dominiquers" - not sure if that is their proper name, but it does sound French, doesn't it?

I love filigrees, and if I had had time today, I'd have drawn a few for you.  But I found this lovely one:
Feasts. I love holiday feasts!  When I was a very young child, I remember the wonderful Swedish holiday feasts that my Nana prepared.  


While hers were not nearly as elaborate, they were very tasty and magical to me!  

Festivities.


There's nothing quite like a good display of fireworks!

********

While perusing the internet for interesting Swedish sites, I've come upon several wonderful ones.  They always tug at my heart strings and make me feel so at home!  I suppose I'm reminded of my wonderful and loving Nana, and also the very special visits I've enjoyed with my cousins who still live in Sweden.  

You can learn how to make these adorable Christmas star ornaments from recycled tea lights at Me and Alice.




She also created these cute little Advent lights from coffee mugs.


Hope you've enjoyed my 'F' Day - the 6th of December 2012.

peace


as seen on our morning walk

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

I love the French hens, especially the one's with berets. I was fortunate to grow up around my Norwegian Great Grandmother and Christmas at her house was fantastic. Then there was the other side - English and Scotch and dull! LOL! Wouldn't you love to go back in time and ask your Grandmother all the questions you have now? I know I would. xo

Judy said...

Yes, I would!

xxoo

Yvette said...

love your hens and share your passion of scandinavion sites

dagdag

Carol said...

Oh, I love the Fs. The French hens are just delightful. The tea light stars look easy but very effective. I'm sure the kids would love the hammering. Anything with a hammer makes Eddie very happy, of course. xxx

Ginny Huber said...

I missed the letters before F somehow..will go bck and have a look. The F hens are a delight..and knowing about your enjoyment of the festivities, Scandinavian and other; my fave is the morning walk photo!