Friday, September 04, 2015

Day 41....Making Starz!

when life gets busy, make starz! (or a star)!


We have declared Friday as 'date day'...
and we have a good time!
We go out to lunch in our wonderful small town,
 hit the local Farmers' Market on our cute little Square,
and maybe even shop at a few other local haunts for some favorite goodies.
Peach season is almost over here, but we are still able to purchase 
the locally grown O'Henry variety,
which is mighty tastey.
So, I got behind in my sewing,
and only have had time to construct this one star block....
but it's one more block than I would have made had I just 
thrown up my arms and given in!

I did manage to get two fat quarters dyed today:


I'm still working with less and less fuchsia concentrations
to see just how low I can go and still get a nice pink for Maggie's quilt.
And I've compared two other yellows here.
On the left is Pro Chem's Sun Yellow,
while their Lemon Yellow is on the right.
I'd been using their Golden Yellow primarily until today.

My knitting is coming along quite nicely.
I have almost finished baby Henry's Old Growth cardigan:


This is a design by Tin Can Knits, and it works up very quickly.
As you may be able to see, it is asymmetrical, with the button band 
falling way over on the right side of the photo
or left side of the garment.
It has a bit of lace knitting on its right front.
I love it!
I still have to finish the underarm seams,
weave in the ends, and sew on buttons.
Here's a detail shot of the lace:


One of the things I really like about Tin Can Knit's patterns
is that they come in so many sizes, ranging from newborn all the way up to very large adults.
This is a sweater I may decide to make for myself in the future.

It's Labor Day Weekend here in the States.
I hope everyone has a very happy and safe weekend.
Thanks for stopping by!

Peace to you and yours



3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Love those stars and the fabric is beautiful. These two pieces look as though they are a flower garden. The sweater is my kind of blue and the pattern is darling. Have a wonderful weekend!

Carol said...

Very pretty star, Judy, lovely colours.the cardigan is very smart, great colour and such an interesting design. I agree with you that it would be just as nice for an adult. xxx

queenopearls said...

Loving the color combinations with your dying. :) And the new yellow dye colors are so fun. The star block is absolutely delightful. Love your date day plans. As the saying goes, life is good! :) Thank you for all the great photos and back stories. :) ~ Christina