Sunday, September 06, 2015

Day 43.....Yowza!!


I ice-dyed this silk crepe de chine scarf yesterday,
finishing the batching this morning.
I have to say, I'm really in love!
The photo above is actually a collage of three separate photos of it,
but I wanted you to see the wonderful variations in color.
I will definitely be doing more of this combination.


my butterfly block:


I enjoyed a lovely paddle in my kayak this morning.
The air was cool and dry, and there was very little noise 
aside from the leaves rustling in the breeze
and the birds chirping.
The leaves are beginning to turn:




Ironweed and Jewel Weed are both in full bloom


and this Eastern Phoebe was catching flies for his breakfast.


After our breakfast, I took my tea out on the patio,
along with my knitting.
When I looked up, two coyotes were sauntering through 
our yard, between our pool patio and the lake!
As soon as Bosco caught their scent,
he wanted to go after them.
I'm glad that we had closed the gate!
Of course, the coyotes were more afraid of us than we of them.
Bosco, the coyote hunter!


thanks for stopping by

peace







3 comments:

Martha said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! The crepe de chine is luscious.

queenopearls said...

Yowza is right on, look at those colors!! Your morning kayak trip sounds heavenly.

Maggi said...

Love the scarf colours and the shawl fits right in with the colours of Autumn.