Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Day 66....Home, Home on the Range


another study in yellow:


this time, two of Pro Chem's yellows (sun and lemon)
and tangerine, which, I know is orange,
but I have always interpreted it to be very pale.
above, it appears quite orange, sadly.

Ice dyeing doesn't allow one the option of paler hues.
You get what you get, and you have no control...AT ALL.
That's the beauty and that's the ugly, 'nuff said.

Today my time was partially occupied constructing a pillow 
for our new grandson,
Henry.
I am using some leftover fabric from his crib quilt.


I have a bit more to do in order to complete it.

The afternoon was almost totally occupied with the installation
of my new range.


My old and much-loved dual-fuel Thermador had several problems
which were irreparable.....
parts, parts, parts!
and they are no longer manufactured  ;-(
now, that is aggravating!!!
so, we decided upon an all-gas Samsung.
I love cooking with gas, but have yet to bake with it.
How about you?????
There were complications locating the gas line,
and fortunately Ricky, our electrician,
was extremely cautious and took his time.
We gave the new range a test drive this evening.
He made applesauce,
while I made chicken a la king
and roasted peppers in the gas oven.
All is well!
Thanks, Ricky, for a great job!

thanks for stopping by

peace





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new stove! I've had a gas range here in Monterrey for decades. It has no thermostat, so I have to keep opening and closing the oven door while I'm baking, and I find the stovetop hard to clean--but then we have a maid to do that, heh heh. I much prefer my electric stove in Katy...

I continue to be impressed by all your dyeing, sewing and knitting projects! I can now arm knit an infinity scarf in under an hour. xxoo sil

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new stove! I've had a gas range here in Monterrey for decades. It has no thermostat, so I have to keep opening and closing the oven door while I'm baking, and I find the stovetop hard to clean--but then we have a maid to do that, heh heh. I much prefer my electric stove in Katy...

I continue to be impressed with all your dyeing, sewing and knitting projects! I can now arm knit an infinity scarf in under an hour. xxoo sil

Jeannie said...

Love the yellows of the past two day, but then I am partial to yellow. The only time I've cooked on gas was 40 (wow! when did that happen?)in California. I have a fear of gas ranges. Our elderly neighbor burned herself badly when a sleeve caught fire. It also is harder to get. I guess with all the hydro power, gas has taken a back seat. People I know who do cook with gas, swear they will never go back. I guess it's what you're used to. Have a great rest of the week. Indian summer continues for us - yippee!

queenopearls said...

Judy, the yellow is so bright and cheerful! I look forward to seeing/hearing if you overdye it or not. :)
The stove/range/oven is amazing! I'm sorry about the passing of the old one. :( Congratulations on the new one and creating a great meal with it. :) ~ Christina